WHO WE ARE
Alpha Gamma Sigma was founded at Tennessee Tech on May 20, 1961 and nationally in 1923 in Columbia, Missouri. The fraternity was established on the basis of agriculture and a common belief in God and it is their goal to recruit Heuristic Men. By this they mean that they are looking for men who would like to enhance classroom learning and discovery by putting theories into practice through interactions with the fraternity. Alpha Gamma Sigma is devoted to providing an environment which encourages growth in knowledge, wisdom, maturity, social graces, extracurricular activities, and leadership.
MEET THE BROTHERS
Dr. James Baier
Oakley Hall 133
MEET OUR ADVISOR
ALPHA GAMMA SIGMA
A Professional Fraternity of Agricultural Heritage
The official colors of the Fraternity are ROYAL BLUE and SILVER.
The mission statement of the Fraternity shall be:
"Preparing men for life by:
coming together as scholars,
living as brothers,
becoming leaders of tomorrow."
The flower of the Fraternity is the American Beauty Red Rose. This flower was selected because it represents the true love and warmth that is found between the member and his Fraternity and between the brotherhood of Alpha Gamma Sigma.
As a lighthouse guides a ship at sea, so the principles for which an organization stands directs its activities into proper channels for the inspiration of, and development of character building ideals in its membership.
The 13 principles of Alpha Gamma Sigma are:
Perpetuation of Morality
Sanskrit is a continuum of excellence. Continuum is defined as uninterrupted success or existence. Sanskrit was the name of an ancient India-European language that predates Greek civilization. Sanskrit was one of the first documented languages that brought together many dialects into one common language. Sanskrit in today's language mean "Unity Toward Perfection".
Our SANSKRIT CONTINUUM is based on the following tenets:
1. A successful fraternity is build upon brothers bound by a common set of values.
2. The fraternity experience must provide challenge and opportunity of character and personal skill development for all brothers and alumni.
3. A selective recruitment process assures the fraternity of high quality men.
4. Brotherhood must be present and strengthened among all members, not just among members of each new class.
5. Self and peer appraisal must be continuous throughout the years of active membership
And most importantly
6. Membership in Alpha Gamma Sigma is not a right of activation it is a privilege that carries with it an obligation for active involvement, upstanding behavior, and personal contribution to the betterment of all brothers and the Fraternity.